Subject: PVA

PVA

From: Walter Henry <whenry>
Date: Thursday, September 20, 1990
hi doug,
I can probably answer the PVA question, though I dont particularly
remember the article.  I would be about 99% certain they were talking
about PROMATCO 1023, which is a PVAcetate.  If I remember correctly (I
haven't used the stuff in about 10 years) it is a homopolymer, but I
wouldnt swear to that.  The manufacturers advertised it as being
reversible in water, and if I remember well enough, it did seem to be
so, at least for a period of weeks, maybe months.  Couldn't say about
longer periods.  I think it is still available from Process Materials
(Ralph Roessler  (72537.3447 [at] compuserve__com) could probably tell you for
sure)

As a rule, book when book folks in america refer to PVA they are
virtually always talking about polyvinyl acetate.  Polyvinyl alcohol we
tend to call PVOH.

               Distributed: Saturday, September 22, 1990