Subject: Photocopying photographs

Photocopying photographs

From: Barbara Brown <bbrown>
Date: Wednesday, September 19, 1990
Our dept. has responded to this question from our institution before,
but the question has come up again with the request for any and all
up-dated information to be made available:   Can photographs be
"xeroxed", or if not - why not? I have located some articles by Gary
Saretzsky in the CAN newsletters, and am trying to locate any other
information available. How do other facilities handle this question? On
a related issue: what are policies/practices in regard to researchers
requesting to videotape photographs and other collection materials?
(Light levels are probably a critical point as part of this issue). How
have others dealt with this sort of request/situation? I welcome any
input on these topics.  Thanks!

Barbara Brown

               Distributed: Wednesday, September 19, 1990