Subject: Alkaline reserve

Alkaline reserve

From: Claire Rutiser <claire>
Date: Monday, August 6, 1990
In the Johns Hopkins Paper Re-sizing Study, we are using a surface pH
electrode to measure the pH of paper samples.   A drop of distilled
water is used to wet the surface of the paper before making the
measurement.  We have noticed that many of our buffered samples have
pH's below 7, indicating that the alkaline reserve is not sufficient.

Claire Rutiser

                  Distributed: Tuesday, August 7, 1990