Subject: Nitrate film

Nitrate film

From: Karen Pavelka <pavelka>
Date: Wednesday, July 25, 1990
Unfortunately we have nitrate film stored in our building.  I have been
trying to determine the hazards this poses to the rest of the collection
and to the employees.  I have found a little about the health risks
involved, but have been able to find nothing about how the deterioration
products from nitrate film might effect the rest of the collection, as
the HVAC system recirculates air with limited fresh air intake.  Can you
give me any advice or information?

                   Distributed: Monday, July 30, 1990