Subject: Bookbinding adhesives

Bookbinding adhesives

From: Walter Henry <whenry>
Date: Saturday, July 7, 1990
An old friend, otherwise unsullied by contact with conservation wrote
in the following query:

    Date: 6 Jul 90
    From: David Black <dxb [at] boulder__Colorado__EDU>
    To: whenry [at] lindy__Stanford__EDU

    Dear Library Answer Guy

    I was lying in bed last night reading a rebound copy of David
    Harel's _Dynamic Logic_ when I discovered a problem that you might
    know about.

    I noticed that tiny pieces of some yellowish stuff were falling on
    my chest.  I tried to brush them off, but couldn't and so decided
    that they must be from the glue/paste used in the rebinding.

    What can be done to create a glue/paste that sticks to bindings but
    not to chests?  Has this problem been given the attention it
    deserves or is it just one more of the humiliations that a graduate
    student must endure?

    Stuck in Boulder

                   Distributed: Monday, July 9, 1990