Subject: Linen thread

Linen thread

From: Lynn Jones <ljones>
Date: Friday, July 6, 1990
During the past year we have been trying to purchase Barbour's Best
Quality linen thread in sizes 16/2 and 18/3 and have encountered
repeated problems with this.  At first we got the Shamrock Quality,
which we found has far more slubs than Best Quality, and broke more
readily.  When we finally figured out that Shamrock and Best are
different grades, and we got Best it turns out to be bleached.  Our
older stock of thread was not bleached.

We have investigated with Bookbinder's Warehouse, Bookmakers and
University Products, but still have not been able to find unbleached top
quality thread in sizes 16/2 and 18/3.  Does anyone have any
recommendations on vendors, or other ideas on solving this problem?

Thanks, Lynn Jones,  Berkeley

                   Distributed: Monday, July 9, 1990