Subject: More on Columbia

More on Columbia

From: Carolyn Harris <harrisc>
Date: Tuesday, June 19, 1990
The Conservation Education Programs will be in business for the next two
years.  WE have accepted a class of conservator students for Fall 1990;
this will be our last class at Columbia.  Preservation Administration
Masters students must start this Fall to finish; advanced certificate
students may start this Fall or next.  Guy Petherbridge has resigned,
and I am currently managing the program.  Nicholas Pickwoad will be
coming as a visiting professor to teach the laboratory courses next
year.  Margaret Hey will teach the conservation science courses next
year.  In all the reports about SLS, the CEP has been praised for its
unique program, status in the field, and quality of education.  We
expect to move the program to another venue before Fall of 1992.  If a
library school in your area might be interested, I would encourage them
to indicate this interest to Dean Wedgeworth, SLS. These negotiations
will be very complex, and should start in the fall.

                   Distributed: Tuesday, May 19, 1990