Subject: New list

New list

From: Lorraine Olley <libpresr>
Date: Thursday, April 26, 1990
    [Forwarded Message from Wilma Bernabei]

    'We' have set up a listserver for Library Planning. You may
    subscribe with the command:

    I'll describe our interest: Queen's has $42,000,000 CDN for the
    building of a new library. It also expects to raise an additional
    $8,000,000 to renovate the current main library building for 21rst
    century use. In this time of financial constraints we have to be
    especially clever and careful how we make use of all this money. We
    have concerns regarding the provision for new technology, energy
    conservation, access for the handicapped, cost effective housing of
    traditional format material as well as new formats, trade-offs for
    ownership of vrs access to material, minimizing maintenance costs,
    combining a 'monument' with an operational structure, etc.......The
    concerns are unending. I believe that no other list on Library
    Planning exists. If you are interested, please subscribe. There are
    6 people from different institutions who have expressed interest - I
    suspect there are more closet planners out there.

        **** Moderator's comments:
        To sign up for this list send a message to
            listserv [at] qucdn__bitnet
        The body of the message should say
            SUBSCRIBE libpln-l Jane Doe

    Wilma Bernabei [at] qucdn__bitnet

    Wilma Bernabei, System's Coordinator, Douglas Library
    Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario  Phone (613) 545-2594
    Electronic mail address: BERNABEI [at] QUCDN__BITNET

                 Distributed: Saturday, April 28, 1990