Subject: Leather consolidation

Leather consolidation

From: Roberta Pilette <pilette>
Date: Thursday, February 15, 1990
Just asking:  I have a wonderfully blind tooled leather book were
the leather along the edges has become blackened, cracked and
brittle.  Is there anything that can be done?  The blind tooling
inspite of this embrittlement is still visible.  We'd like to
consolidate this, but I hesitate to use Klucel G.  Has anyone worked
with leather in this condition and what did you do?

Bobbie

                Distributed: Saturday, February 7, 1990