SVC ARMA - CHIPS Library Project - Local event

For those of you who all ready plan to attend and for those of you who may be
interested in helping out, please note that the Silicon Valley Chapter of ARMA
CHIPS (Chapter Helpers Into Providing Service) next volunteer community
project will take place February 21 - 22, and February 28 - March 1.  We will
be assisting Immaculate Conception Academy in San Francisco with a library
conversion project.

The conversion, includes a *Follette* software package and services that will
allow the school's staff and student body to enjoy electronic access to
library resources from all offices and classrooms on campus and identify
services and additional resources available with other library collections
linked to the service.

Immaculate Conception Academy (I.C.A.) is an all-girl Catholic high school,
administrated by Dominican Sisters, in Saint James Parish of the Archdiocese
of San Francisco. The school's beginnings date back some 114 years ago.  The
school's library, with its collection of 10,000 books (some dating back as old
as the school itself), is navigating into the next millenium with a barcoded
indexing and inventory system.  Betty Cirullo, the school's librarian, and
Sister Mary Catherine, Principal, are genuinely excited and appreciative of
SVC's offer of assistance in undertaking this monumental project.

If you would like to join us in giving a helping hand to the school/the
community, have an *interactive barcoding/conversion experience* while
enjoying chapter fellowship and collecting *chips*, please give Beverly Kline
a call at 650.969.4322 or post back by reply mail. You may want to carpool, if
so, again, contact Beverly at 650.969.4322 or post back by reply mail and she
will help you connect with others who plan to attend.

Vital stats and directions follow:

===============
VITAL STATS
===============

Dates:     February 21 - 22; and, if necessary, February 28 - March 1

Time:       10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.

Location: Immaculate Conception Academy High School
                3625 -24th Street
                San Francisco, CA 94110

Phone #:  415.824.2052

=============
DIRECTIONS
=============

>From Hwy #101/ #80 (James Lick Freeway) North or South, take Caesar Chavez/
Army Street exit, west.  Continue along Army Street to Guerrero, make a right
turn.  Continue along Guerrero Street to 24th Street and make a left turn. The
school is located on the left hand side of the street; the entrance is
approximately in the middle of the block.  Signs will be posted.

>From BART, disembark at 24th and Mission Streets.  You can take a bus (#35
Eureka or #11 Hoffman) or walk the 4-1/2 blocks to the school in the direction
of Twin Peaks.  The school is located on the left hand side of the street; the
entrance is approximately in the middle of the block.  Signs will be posted.

>From Hwy #280 North, connect with #101/ #80  North or South, take Caesar
Chavez/ Army Street exit, west.  Continue along Caesar Chavez/Army Street to