June 7 cleanup

Greetings BAPers

This is partly to thank everyone who helped on the symposium, which
was a resounding success.   It has been suggested that the exec. cmte.
meet to discuss how it went.  So members of that body and anyone else
who has comments or wants to participate, please advise whether we
should have some sort of discussion, either in person in a real place or
on the listserv, about how it went and where we go from here.

I would also like to convene some sort of meeting of those whose
institutions are interested in mutual response to brainstorm about
strategy.  There is now tremendous interest in doing something soon
among some of the new people who showed up last Friday.  (This
includes folks from Sacto, out in the Valley, and even Yosemite National
Park.  We need to discuss how we are going to relate to these
requests.)

We also need to talk about where, very tentatively, we would site
stockpile containers, what kind of field clusters (eg libraries, archives,
records, etc) we would propose, etc.  Aslo needed is discussion of how
we are going to contact the many people who must be talked to in the
coming weeks and months.

Probably most urgent is to deal with the thing we can most easily provide
to a network, which is a training workshop on disaster preparedness
and response.  I think we should try to set one of these up as soon as
possible.  I think also we should consider importing the southern
california folks to put something on, either (if we can't get Bay Area
people to tech it) their generic workshop that they did at CAS two years
ago, or, perhaps at some later time this acad year,  their earthquake
preparedness workshop they did, I believe last year, in S.Cal.

 So please let me know as soon as possible if you can attend a meeting,
probably the week of June 24.

Richard Boyden
richard.boyden@sanbruno.nara.gov
(415) 876-9084