Re: [AV Media Matters] Digitizing Audio and Video-ReallyBigPost

A good source for the pros of AIT (ME) is at http://www.aittape.com/white_papers.html

Obviously biased...but it's a start.

The other side of the equation
http://www.ultrium.com/newsite/html/about_white3.html
http://www.ultrium.com/newsite/html/about_faqs.html
(may require registration)

Look at life cycle issues with LTO. The interchange spec is only
something like 100 full-file passes.

The big questions are rotary vs. linear and there are plusses and
minuses to both.

Both S-AIT and LTO are open (i.e. multiple suppliers).

Cheers,

Richard