Re: [AV Media Matters] Digitizing Audio and Video-ReallyBigPost

Jim and the list,

I thought I should clarify my post a little.

Yes, we are inquiring about both  the archival and the distribution
systems.  We would like to have options for the ideal archival situation
as
well as one that is not so perfect but acceptable.  I think the biggest
issue is the video.  We also aren't sure just how to approach this issue
since no one on the team has ever dealt with it before.

We would appreciate any help or opinions that we can get at this point
on
any of the issues.

Miriam

--
Miriam Meislik
Associate Archivist

http://www.library.pitt.edu/libraries/archives/archives.html
http://digital.library.pitt.edu/pittsburgh/index.html

Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
--Steven Wright

When your mouth drops open, click the shutter
--Harold Feinstein, November 11, 2001

Photography does not create eternity. . . it embalms time,
rescuing it simply from its proper corruption.
--Andr=E9 Bazin (1918=961958)

This email was sent to: waiscool@cool.conservation-us.org