From: rohre@ARLUT.UTEXAS.EDU [mailto:rohre@ARLUT.UTEXAS.EDU]
Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2003 3:23 PM
To: AV Media Matters
Subject: Re: [AV Media Matters] Field RecordingTechniques--Instructional
Materials

In addition to good acoustic technique, I cannot emphasize enough, the
need
in the field, to clean recording instrumentation each day before use,
and
more often in dusty conditions.   Protecting the recording media from
humidity and high temperature, and the instrument should be emphasized
as
much as the acoustic techniques.
-Stuart Rohre
Univ. of Tx