Re: [AV Media Matters] Spam filters from hell

I also object to this "spam." I called Victory Studios and was informed
that topica.com is on their spam list. I was assured that this would be
corrected. Apparently it is not. Viewing the source, the message was
originated by spam@victorystudios.com. I suggest that the moderator
contact Victory Studios and, if corrective action is not taken, remove
the offender @victorystudios.com.

J. Hartke
Media Sciences, Inc.

Moderators Comment:
There is no subscriber at victorystudios.com or at American production
services - I had already tried all the obvious solutions - I eventually
went through the entire list and tracked down the domain - APSNW.com and
that subscriber is no more. Let's see if that worked.
No promises....

eric@lab-tech-systems.com wrote:

> Is anyone else getting these ridiculous messages (below)?  Each time I
> sent a message to the Media Matters list I got this automated response
> from The Victory Studios (or whomever).  I guess the MM list sends out
> messages with the original writer's name as the sender, rather than
the
> list itself, but I have no idea what the rest of it is.  My outgoing
> mail server is verizon.net, so that covers an awful lot of mailboxes!
>
> -- Eric Wenocur
> Lab Tech Systems
>
> Moderators comment:
> Only the person making the post gets it. I would love to know who the
> subscriber is who works for Victory Studios - and I would bounce then
> off the list - but there is no subscriber with that domain name - and
> there are more then 870 of us now so an examination more detailed then
> that is not possible - so do what I do.... delete. On the other hand -
> you could call the telephone number listed and give them a hard
time....
> I won't object...

Preservation
> Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 12:49:29 -0800
> From: do not reply - APS/Victory Studios <spam@victorystudios.com>
> To: 'eric@lab-tech-systems.com' <eric@lab-tech-systems.com>
>
> Your email to The Victory Studios / American Production Services has
> been
> blocked because your mail server is on an Internet blacklist of IP
> addresses
> that are accused of sending out unsolicited bulk email. The email you
> sent
> was not received by The Victory Studios / American Production
Services.

This email was sent to: waiscool@cool.conservation-us.org