Re: [AV Media Matters] Say Goodbye to Floppies

I can never understand what happened to make magneto-optical so
unpopular. A 31/2" disc with a potential 650mb accessible in
microseconds always seemed like a good bet to me.

We still use them all of the time, but increasingly it is difficult to
find media for them (at least on this side of the Atlantic). Optidrivers
are small and reliable, the media simple to store and sturdy.

What made things like Zip and Jas so much more popular?

Peter Amsden
ASAT Productions
Argyll, Scotland.

This email was sent to: waiscool@cool.conservation-us.org