RE: [AV Media Matters] Question Re PAL Quad Tapes

kenneth.hafeli@nara.gov wrote:

> Our Library has four 625 PAL std Quad tapes.  All were made in Rome in
> June 1975.  There are two 90:00 and two 60:00 tapes.  Is there anyone on
> the list who may know of a firm with the equipment needed to transfer
> these tapes to Beta?  At present, we have no plans to dub them, but it
> may be, considering the near extinction of Quad equipment, something I
> will
> have to look at sooner rather than later.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> KENNETH G. HAFELI
> Audiovisual Archivist
> Gerald R. Ford Library
> 1000 Beal Avenue
> Ann Arbor, MI  48109
> 734-741-2218 x224
> 734-741-2341  fax

There are several companies in Europe that can do this type of work. One
in particular that I know of is Vectracom in Paris
www.vectracom.fr/
They are one of the companies that has done this type of work for INA
(which is the French National Television archive) for quite some time. I
have met the manager of the company - Gerard Letienne on several
occasions and he is quite knowledgeable. I can recommend this company.
His email is letienneG@vectracom.fr

jim

James Lindner

Moderator: AV Media Matters Listserve
To subscribe to AV Media Matters Listserve send an email to:
AV-Media-Matters-subscribe@topica.com

This email was sent to: waiscool@cool.conservation-us.org