[AV Media Matters] Uncompressed Video File Formats

I was wondering what people are using for uncompressed file formats
for video post production. I do not mean "best" quality MPEG or
MJPEG - I mean uncompressed or lossless compressed. Also what cards
are people using to generate these files?

I am looking at the 10 bit Video Vodoo card, and it looks very good
- and although they have a proprietary format we can become a
developer and get the keys - and then do a translator to an open
format that we can stick into AAF or MXF (although that is much
harder then it sounds).

Does anyone have any experience with other file formats - or
something even available now that could be put into an AAF or MXF. I
can't figure out if OMF ever supported real uncompressed video. Also
very interested in LossLESS compressed file formats  people might be
using.

thanks.

James Lindner

Moderator: AV Media Matters Listserve
To subscribe to AV Media Matters Listserve send an email to:
AV-Media-Matters-subscribe@topica.com