Re: [AV Media Matters] news story about CD & fungus

Various types of aluminum corrosion are an on going problem for the
military branches with aging aircraft.  When we used P3Cs for
airborne recording, we had to land and run the plane thru "the
birdbath", a giant plane wash, after every flight over ocean.  The
so called "D" check of commercial planes tears them down to see and
fix corrosion and rot in internal aluminum structures.

Stuart M. Rohre
Applied Research Labs, U. of Tx.