[AV Media Matters] about 16mm film to video

Greenhorn with a question: I want to transfer 16mm sound films to video
(maybe DVD next year) and I want to know what kind of projector I need.  I
understand that Singer Instaload XL are available in a tele-cine version
that has a five blade shutter, 28fps speed, chain drive (not belt) and
constant speed motor.  Is this true? Are all Instaload XLs like this? Is
there a separate model designation on the model/serial # plate that I can
tell the difference between a regular projector? Any and all advice would be
greatly appreciated.
thomas robinson