[AV Media Matters] Restoration and similar resources -- a listing -- should you

Hi, list-people...

Sorry for the cross-post, but I wanted to get all of you.

This has been revised to incorporate updates since the original
posting to ASRC List.

I have a page up on my Web site about my audio (mostly tape)
restoration activities... http://www.richardhess.com/be/tape.htm

I have added a "resources" section to this... I have a disclaimer "I
do not have personal experience with any of these resources, but I
would suggest that one or more of the following resources might be
able to solve almost any restoration problem:"

I then list in three categories:

General Audio Restoration (small firms):
   Graham Newton
   Steve Smolian
   Art Shifrin
   Graeme Jaye
   VidiPax (see below, as they are a large firm)

Multitrack Master Transfer and Restoration (large firms):
   TransferMAT
   Dreamhire

Video and audio Transfer, Restoration, and Disaster Recovery (large firms):
   VidiPax
   Specs Brothers

Can you think of any more that I should list? I only want to list
places that have Web sites as I link to the Web site. I'm also
interested in top-notch services that are geographically and format
diverse and are capable of taking on some projects.

The idea is that there are people out there who do this--I get to
pick my projects and restore what I'm interested in...the price for
that is that I don't charge much (typically shipping) but I also
don't try and make a living from it and I don't do much of it since
I don't have the time. I don't want to expand my business at this
point. If it interests me and I think it's worthy, the cost
shouldn't stand in the way. One client of mine had things which were
outside the scope of what I could do and I referred him to
TransferMAT--and it was people from the ARSC list who told me about
that resource when I enquired last December.

Any other comments on the page (or the entire site
http://www.richardhess.com ) would be appreciated.

Please respond to richard@richardhess.com (the "from" email address
is the address I use to subscribe to lists and I don't check it as
often.)

Cheers and thanks,

Richard

Richard L. Hess                              richard@richardhess.com
Glendale, CA USA                           http://www.richardhess.com/
Web page: folk and church music, photography, and
                  broadcast engineering