RE: [AV Media Matters] acetate tape binder-lets evaluate its acidity level.

Ed

Yes, please send me the strips.  I have ten reels of tape from 1953.

I also have 42 reels of AGFA tape from 1943 but they were made with
the oxide, binder and acetate mixed in a slurry.  The result is a
two-sided tape. They have a strong smell of vinegar but seem to be
okay.  I will find out next month when Richard Hess and I try to
transfer the recordings on these tapes.  The recordings are radio
shows that Jack Mullin recorded on his German Magnetophon machines.

Jim Wheeler
Moderators Comment:
In general I will not post these types of communication which are best
between individuals but because this is so unusual I am posting it for the
general interest of those subscribed.