[AV Media Matters] AV Media Matters List Information

Hi, for those of you who have been members of the list for a long time -
I hope you are enjoying the AV Media Matters list. We have recently
added many new members and I wanted to welcome them, and to share with
everyone basic list information.

In particular I wanted to remind everyone to PLEASE set their own
preferences on how you want to receive this list. In particular - please
become familiar with the "vacation hold" preference - and to ask you
NEVER to put an autoresponder on your email telling everyone you are out
of the office. It may seem like a good idea - but if you are on a
listserve (any listserve) it creates allot of work for the moderator
(aka me) and on unmoderated lists can actually cause "email feedback"
similar to audio feedback where the autoresponse gives another posting
which the autoresponder then receives and gives an autorespond to -
creating hundreds of emails in a very short time.... So PLEASE don't do
it.

This list does NOT send attachments (or at least it is not supposed to),
and in general there are only a few messages a day. Please be advised
that since this is a moderated list - I have to release the messages
before they are posted. That is why there is no SPAM on this list - or
"unsubscribe" messages or other wastes of your time. Sometimes I will
make a mistake - but I ask you please to not waste MY time by sending
postings that are off topic - no matter how important the "cause". I
travel a great deal, and as a result I sometimes am in places where
picking up my email (over 100 a DAY) difficult.... so there will be
times where there are no postings for several days, and then a bunch of
them. If you have sent in a posting and do not see it (or any others)
posted - that is almost certainly the reason. IF, however, you do not
see your posting for several days AND you have not heard back from me
AND there are other postings - by all means resend it to me.

Finally Finally..... When I started this I had no idea what it would
turn into - I personally feel very lucky to be able to share and learn
from the members of this list. When I look over the archive there is an
awesome amount of information - and great diversity of opinion. I want
to thank all of you for the time you spend with the list and for your
contributions.

LIST INFORMATION

For more information about this list, visit:

    http://www.topica.com/lists/AV-Media-Matters

NEW OPTIONS FOR READING AND POSTING

- Read and receive your messages online - unclutter your inbox!
- Post messages online - so you don't have to remember the list address
- Put your account on vacation hold
- Choose individual messages or digests

To edit your list preferences, go to:

    http://www.topica.com/lists/AV-Media-Matters/prefs

To read and post online, or search the archives, go to:

    http://www.topica.com/lists/AV-Media-Matters/read

Definitely check these out! You can either login to your existing
account or set up your free new Topica account at:

    http://www.topica.com

Then, click on "Your Lists" and select this list!

Enjoy!

Regards

Jim Lindner - President
VidiPax - The Magnetic Media and Information Migration Full Services
Company
Telephone 212-563-1999
www.vidipax.com
Moderator of A/V Media Matters@topica.com