Re: [AV Media Matters] Long-term presentation: digital

On Fri, 29 Sep 2000 rburkel@juno.com wrote:
>Long-term preservation and distribution of human activity must be thought
>of as a goal. It is obviously an achievable goal given today's
>technology.

Maybe someone could make a start by taking space in a long-term
high-level nuclear waste dump. No-one would have access to the
material for thousands of years, but we'd be pretty sure of its
being untouched and stored in constant, predictable conditions.

That is, if anyone trusts such stores in the first place.

John Hayward-Warburton
media@billabong.demon.co.uk