[AV Media Matters] Polishing of CDs

Mr. Joe Iraci has asked me to inform the list that my remarks were not
directed at his comments concerning tests he ran with respect to CD
polishing & scratch removal.

At this time we are concerned with improving the optical quality of new or
undamaged CD/DVD/SACDs & Laser Discs as an aid to enhansed performance on
playback and not with scratch removal.  Although related, we address these
problems in significantly different ways.

I look forward to an oppotunity to forward materials to Mr. Iraci in the
coming weeks.  We hope that our subjective evaluations using high quality
audio CD & SACD playback equipment will find correlations with his
measurements.

Regards,

H. Duane Goldman
--
h. duane goldman, ph.d.   |   P.O. Box 37066   St. Louis, MO  63141
lagniappe chem. ltd.            |   (314) 205 1388 voice/fax/modem