Re: [AV Media Matters] Turntable help

Hi Ho Everyone,

With all due respect, unless your records are worn from repeated playback
on poor equipment or mishandling, the majority of the noise you're hearing
is from playing dirty surfaces.  Safe, thorough cleaning should
significantly improve the quality of output & the musical experience.
Starting with a clean analog source goes a long way to improving the
quality of digital transfers & minimizes the need for filtering.  Optical
quality polishing of recordable CDs is also very effective at maximizing
both transfer & subsequent playback; much more so than available temporary
treatments that attempt to mask surface imperfections causing reflection &
refraction by coating the CD surface.

Regards,

Duane Goldman

--
h. duane goldman, ph.d.   |   P.O. Box 37066   St. Louis, MO  63141
lagniappe chem. ltd.            |   (314) 205 1388 voice/fax/modem