Re: [AV Media Matters] Print-through - progress of technology? &

Steve,

Totally agreed...in this case, "better" means clearer, more detailed, etc.
I SUSPECT it's due to better phase linearity especially at high
frequencies. It is not just MORE high end, it's clearer, more enjoyable.
Reponse of both machines as measured on test-tapes is reasonably
similar...1-2dB at the most different.

The point that I'm making is that it is hard to get the optimum transfer
(before doing voluntary "improvements"--I always burn several CD-Rs BEFORE
I add the "voluntary" improvements).

Cheers,

Richard