Re: [AV Media Matters] Convection Oven

For your reference, we have a Fischer Scientific Incubator which has
excellent temperature stability and works within that range of
temperatures.  And my recollection is that we paid somewhere in the
$800 range.  I suggest that you check out Fischer and see what they
currently have available.

Allan McConnell

Allan D. McConnell
Head, Audio & Video Preservation Laboratory
Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division
Library of Congress
Washington, D.C. 20540-4690

Voice, 202 707-9077, FAX 202 707-2371
E-Mail, amcc@loc.gov

THE USUAL DISCLAIMERS APPLY.

>>> <RRobinson@npr.org> 05/11 5:05 PM >>>
I am posting this message for a colleague at one of our member
stations. We
use a larger, more expensive,  Precision 70DM laboratory oven to
bake tapes
and have been very happy with it.

		We're looking for a convection oven for tape baking: can
anyone recommend a current model that will go as low as 120 or 130 degrees
F? The only one we found is an industrial grade model by Blue-M
that's >$2k!

		The Faberware Turbo Model T4800 that was recommended is
apparently no longer available. It, of course, was only a few hundred
dollars.

Rob Robinson                           National Public Radio
Senior Librarian                         635 Massachusetts Ave NW
phone 202-414-2355                  Washington, DC 20001
fax 202-414-3056                       rrobinson@npr.org