From: treleven@library.ucla.edu [mailto:treleven@library.ucla.edu]
Sent: Thursday, April 06, 2000 7:32 PM
To: AV-Media-Matters@topica.com
Subject: Re: [AV Media Matters] What to charge for use of footage

Hi from L.A.--one idea is to connect with the UCLA Film and Television
Archive [wsarch@emelnitz.ucla.edu], which has dealt with such
situations as yours for many years and which has developed cost
schedules, etc.  Dale Treleven, UCLA Oral History Program

On Thu, 06 Apr 2000 12:51:10 -0700 tberry@wcnet.org wrote:

>--------------AD003CEDAD34229695CC27DF
>
>Dear list:
>
>We have been approached by a television producer who wants to use
>footage from
>our collections for an upcoming documentary. This is a new experience
>for us,
>and I welcome your input on it:
>
>   * What questions do we need to ask?
>
>   * How do we document the use of the footage?
>
>   * Is there any kind of general price range that archives charge for
>this      service?
>
>Any advice is greatly appreciated. Of course, I need answers this
>afternoon, as the producer's deadline is early next week.
>
>Many thanks.
>
>Thomas Berry, Archivist
>Historical Construction Equipment Association 16623 Liberty Hi Road
>Bowling Green, Ohio 43402 419-352-5616
>tberry@wcnet.org
>

>--------------AD003CEDAD34229695CC27DF
>
><HTML>
>Dear list:
>
><P>We have been approached by a television producer who wants to use
>footage from our collections for an upcoming documentary. This is a new
>experience for us, and I welcome your input on it:
><UL> <LI>
>What questions do we need to ask?</LI> </UL>
>
><UL>
><LI> How do we document the use of the footage?</LI>
></UL>
>
><UL>
><LI>
>Is there any kind of general price range that archives charge for this
>service?</LI>
></UL>
>Any advice is greatly appreciated. Of course, I need answers this
>afternoon, as the producer's deadline is early next week.
>
><P>Many thanks.
>
><P>Thomas Berry, Archivist
><BR>Historical Construction Equipment Association <BR>16623 Liberty Hi
>Road <BR>Bowling Green, Ohio 43402
><BR>419-352-5616 <BR>tberry@wcnet.org
><BR>&nbsp;</HTML>
>
>--------------AD003CEDAD34229695CC27DF--

Dale E. Treleven, Director
UCLA Oral History Program
Room A253 Bunche Hall
Box 951575
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575
(310) 825-4932 - phone
(310) 206-2796 - fax
40th ANNIVERSARY YEAR--UCLA ORAL HISTORY PROGRAM
Visit our website at
http://www.library.ucla.edu/libraries/special/ohp/ohphist.htm