[AV Media Matters] What to charge for use of footage

Dear list:

We have been approached by a television producer who wants to use
footage from our collections for an upcoming documentary. This is a
new experience for us, and I welcome your input on it:

   * What questions do we need to ask?

   * How do we document the use of the footage?

   * Is there any kind of general price range that archives charge
     for this service?

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Of course, I need answers this
afternoon, as the producer's deadline is early next week.

Many thanks.

Thomas Berry, Archivist
Historical Construction Equipment Association
16623 Liberty Hi Road
Bowling Green, Ohio 43402
419-352-5616
tberry@wcnet.org