RE: [AV Media Matters] Tape to Film

Russ

I got it in B/W:
<<I can't believe I'm saying this but your money is probably better put into
a trust account and used to migrate the video for the next dozen years or so
until a good video format is invented (sorry, I couldn't resist a shot).>>

The original question was what to do with a VHS tape and your answer
is a good method.

Jim Lindner and I agree 100 percent on this--film-to-film and
electronic-to-electronic.

VHS is not an archival format so I would transfer it to something
that is a good archival format.  Betacam-SP is my choice at this
time.

VHS was designed by JVC over 25 years ago and it was designed to be
acceptable to most people and record two hours.  Since then, there
have been many improvements.  The latest JVC VHS/S-VHS machine is
the 7600.  I just bought one for $350 US from Cameraworld and the
quality is great!

Jim Wheeler