[AV Media Matters] Removing Candle Wax!!

I haven't dealt with your problem but have worked with wax a bit for making
candles. The melting point of candle wax can be affected by whether it is
pure beeswax or a blend with petroleum based wax such as paraffin (a bit
lower depending on the mix).  Your options are  heat, freeze or use a
chemical solvent.  How does a temperature of 120 to 130 F affect the
physical properties of vinyl?

Below freezing wax will become brittle and may rub off with gentle
persuasion.  If there is a blob on the surface the whole chunk may come free
quite readily.

If you go up to the melting point, the wax may run in the groves if there is
not too much. Inverting the disk while you heat to the melting point should
encourage most of the wax to drop off as it melts  A gentle  rubbing with a
soft warm cloth should remove anything that remains.

My choice would be go cold first and hot if necessary.

good luck
mark
Mark Hopkins + Associates
28 Warland Avenue