Re: [AV Media Matters] CD labels and inks

I apologize to the list for having sent this.  It was meant to be part of a
  dialogue between me and a colleague who is working in a small archive
with limited resources.  We have both been frustrated by expenses, but
my comment to the list was uncalled for.

Karen Pavelka

Moderators Comment: I of course did not realize this - and actually I took
it at face value. Depending on how many CD's you have to label the price is
not that bad because of the amount of time that the Ink Jet printers take. I
actually followed up on the recommendation and the printer put a label on in
about 10 seconds - our ink jet can take minutes (as in several) - and as I
mentioned is really not all that great. If you make a couple of hundred
labels in a month the printer will be well worth it. They have another model
that runs around $9k that sits on a network like a server - you send it the
audio files and it automatically records them on the CD and then
automatically labels them. In a facility that does a large amount of work,
this would be a great help. Anyway - apologies from the moderator too - I
thought the comment was for real.

jim