Re: [AV Media Matters] open reel

>maritter@state.de.us wrote:
>> The Delaware Archives needs to purchase a used open reel recorder:
>>
>> 4-track
>> 7 inch reel capability  will do but 10 inch is better
>> speeds needed are 15/16 and 1-7/8
>>
>> I know this is a relic, but any leads would be appreciated.

I have a Department of Defense (military) AN/THN-21B Recorder-Reproducer
Set,
Sound (Task MDA904-79-C-0581) which is not for sale but I have seen others
at
flea markets so is somewhat available on the surplus market.

It is a four track-four channel 1/4" machine that takes 10-1/2" reels and
has
every standard speed from 15/16 "/s to 15 "/s.  It weighs 90 lb.!

I would very much like to find the manuals for it; so far the military
manuals dealers have not been able to help.  Any leads?

Mike Csontos