Re: [AV Media Matters] Let's talk about DV.

>Regarding the error  recovery/concealment algorithm, couldn't it be
>monitored in professional VTR's or tape cleaning/evaluating machines?

Many of the DVCPRO machines have error-monitoring systems including
front-panel LEDs and (possibly) menu-accessible statistics. These
work even when playing back DV or DVCAM.

The new DSR-2000 multiformat DVCAM deck may also have this sort of
professional feature, but I don't have that sort of detailed info on
it yet.

Cheers,
Adam Wilt