[AV Media Matters] Cloth rolls

On Mon, 21 Jun 1999, Jim Wheeler wrote:

>The rolls used for cleaning tapes are not cloth.  They are made os a
>long-fiber paper known as "Pellon".  They are used in dressmaking.
>
>RTI sells rolls as replacements for their machines.  I always use the ones
>that are not chemically treated.

My inspection/cleaning machine requires 2 different kinds of rolls.  One
is yellow and is only used when the cleaning aspect of the machine is
engaged.  The other is a white mesh and runs as long as the machine is in
forward - even when the cleaning aspect of the machine is in use.

The yellow ribbon is definately cloth.  Every so often I have to get out
the needle nose pliers to remove stray strings from the spindles,
springs, etc.

The white mesh ribbon could be this Pellon which you mentioned.  I have
never had to extract a stray string from that area of the machine.

Debra Jo Sujka

                           Debra Jo Sujka
                   Ryerson Polytechnic University
                    Library - Technical Services