RE: [AV Media Matters] First Question

Not that I know anything about this, but I recall a huge computer tape
scandal from Europe where the tapes were first soaked in solvent and then
the coating applied.  The company, whose name escapes me, had not removed
the solvent which then dissolved the coating, usually only after the tape
had been used.  This created an enormous loss of data.

>From your description and the frequency with which it happens, it sounds
like a manufacturing error.

To get more information on the above scandal contact Seamus Ross at the
University of Glasgow.

Carol

Carol E.B. Choksy, Ph.D., CRM
Doculabs