Re: [ARSCLIST] Decca/London phase 4 stereo series

Yes, Decca cut new lacquer when new stampers were needed. Differences in sound between cuts may depend on the 'Q' of the vinyl being used and other factors. Remember how different Decca's sounded when they were being pressed by Philips in the Netherlands and not in New Malden?

Mike Gray

Goran Finnberg wrote:
Tom Fine:

I don't have any factual reporting to back this up,
but the process I would think occured was that
Decca pressed the records and put them in the
patented lined inner sleeves in England and these
were batch-shipped to places around the world where
they were sleeved and shrink-wrapped and re-boxed for
distribution to the retail channels.

This is exactly what I was told by DECCA recording engineer John Dunkerley and other DECCA employees.