Re: [ARSCLIST] Orphan Audio Symposium?

Sam, Thanks for this.  Prof. June Besek has provided a great resource here,
no doubt. So is the idea of a symposium amongst colleagues, a dangerous
affair so to speak?

Under fair use section 108h in report, it states an exemption  for libraries
and archives as well as non profits to "reproduce, distribute, perform, or
display a copy" of a work from the last 20 years of its copyright term if
done for preservation, scholarship or research objectives. but first has to
undergo a "reasonable investigation" --i am not sure what exactly the
reasonable investigation entails beyond seeking the legitimacy of the
organization. ?

Victoria

--
VICTORIA KEDDIE