Re: [ARSCLIST] Virgin Sacrifice

My understanding is that the dedicated record store was a development of the
1950s after the patents on electrical recording expired. This had
facilitated the rise of independent labels owned by music fans that were
dedicated to genres such as jazz, hillbilly and race that had been dropped
by the majors. The first record stores apparently specialized in one or
another of those genres. Prior to that records had been sold by the same
music and department stores that sold the record players.

Bob Olhsson Audio Mastery, Nashville TN
615.385.8051 http://www.hyperback.com    http://www.thewombforums.com