[ARSCLIST] ATTENTION EVERYONE ON ARSCLIST (was: VS: DC Art Tools for restoring old 78's)

This has been discussed before on the list as recently as yesterday, but
does not seem to have reached everyone.  So here goes what I hope will
be a final explanation.

NOTICE TO EVERYONE ON ARSCLIST ---

Regular posters know this, but occasional and first-time posters are
confused by this.  There apparently is a programming error at ARSCList
that causes the server to think it is receiving all postings twice.  It
will post the first one AND will bounce the non-existant second one back
to you.

IT IS NOT YOUR FAULT.  YOU DID NOT POST TWICE.  YOU DO NOT HAVE TO
REPEAT YOUR POST IF YOU SEE IT.  IF YOU SEE IT, WE ALL SEE IT.

So until they fix this problem, if you post to ARSCList, expect to see
your post AND expect to also receive a bounce message.

There is one exception that I have noticed.  The list will not accept
"Rich Text" messages.  If your email program sends messages in "Rich
Text" and you have forgotten to switch your message to plain text, the
bounce message you receive is REAL, and your message has not posted.

I hope this will sooth the fears of all posters, especially the
occasional or first-timers, and cure posts like the one below.   I also
hope it will speed up the repair of the programming glitch.

Mike Biel  mbiel@xxxxxxxxx