Re: [ARSCLIST] posting to ARSCLIST@LISTSERV.LOC.GOV

From: Patent Tactics, George Brock-Nannestad

Hello, fellow posters:

only a small minority of those who subscribe actually post themselves.
Recently a number of postings have been repeated almost verbatim. This is due
to the following message:

> Your message  is being returned to  you unprocessed because it  appears to
> have
> already  been  distributed to  the  ARSCLIST  list.  That  is, a  message
> with
> identical text  (but possibly with different  mail headers) has been
posted
> the list  recently, either by  you or  by someone else.  If you have
reason
> resend this message to the list (for instance because you have been
notified
> of
> a hardware failure with loss of data),  please alter the text of the
message
> in
> some way and resend  it to the list. Note that altering  the "Subject:"
line
> or
> adding blank lines at  the top or bottom of the message  is not
sufficient;
> you
> should  instead add  a  sentence or  two  at  the top  explaining  why you
> are
> resending the  message, so that the  other subscribers understand why
they
> are
> getting two copies of the same message. [excuse the stupid line breaks]

----- when I post, I mostly see this message as a mail that arrives with the
posting that contradicts it--it has been processed after all. Perhaps in some
cases there is a delay between the two messages. For this reason I have
decided to ignore it and hope for somebody with better knowledge and
privileges to correct it at the server. So, prospective posters: please
ignore the message and wait for your posting to ARSCLIST to appear. If it
appears on your e-mail there is no reason to resend a slightly modified
version.

Kind regards,

George