Re: [ARSCLIST] New LoC Recording Registry

Taking Mike Fitzgerald's lead, I would also like to point out the following error in the LOC announcement:

http://www.loc.gov/today/pr/2009/09-108.html
23. "2000 Years with Carl Reiner and Mel Brooks," Carl Reiner and Mel Brooks (1961)
The secret to living 2000 years? "Never touch fried foods!" In their party routine first performed for friends, Mel Brooks played a 2000- year-old man, while Carl Reiner, as the straight man, interviewed him. After much convincing, the two writers for Sid Caesar’s "Your Show of Shows," recorded their ad-libbed dialogue for a 1961 album. Interview subjects ranged from marriage ("I was married over 200 times!") and children ("I have over 1500 children and not one of them ever comes to visit!") to transportation ("What was the means of transportation? Fear.").

The above album was recorded and released in 1960 by Richard Bock as World Pacific WP-1401. Steve Allen wrote the original liner notes. Bock later sold the masters to Capitol Records. The Capitol LP release used William Claxton's photograph of Reiner and Brooks that appeared on the World Pacific album.

Jim Harrod