To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, June 01, 2009 8:07 PM
Subject: [ARSCLIST] "The Archive" Documentary

While in DC at the ARSC Conference I picked up a schedule for the American
Film Institute. The listing for 6/17/09 has a feature documentary on
hip-hop  sampling but the short before that caught my eye. It's called "The
Archive" and  is about Paul Mawhinney's collection and his trying to sell it. I
thought it was  the one that was on ebay (the film) when he tried to sell it
but after watching  it, I'm not sure.

It was done by someone other than Paul. It's available to watch on Vimeo
and I think it's worth your time to watch it. It's only 7 minutes.

Here is the link:

_http://www.vimeo.com/1546186_ (http://www.vimeo.com/1546186)

Put together with Leah Biel's new hour long documentary, it paints an
interesting picture of "collecting" and "commerce".

Paul is an ARSC member.

Steve Ramm

cntnew00000007)