Re: [ARSCLIST] For those coming to ARSC Conference in DC - Felix E. Grant Jazz Archives

The Felix E. Grant Jazz Archives would like to invite all conference

attendees to visit our renovated facility. The Archives is conveniently

located on Metro's Red Line at the Van Ness­UDC stop on the campus of the

University of the District of Columbia, 4200 Connecticut Avenue, NW.

The curator, Judith Korey, is a panelist on the Saturday, May 30, 2009 11:15

program: "Repertoire & Artists: Jazz Radio in Washington, DC - Jazz in DC,

On the Air: A Tribute to Felix Grant"

This is a unique opportunity to view the namesake of jazz radio personality

Felix Grant, host of 'The Album Sound' radio program for nearly 30 years.

In an effort to accommodate all ARSC attendees the Archives will have

extended hours. Please RSVP to jazzarchives@xxxxxxxx, the time and number of

people. We will try to accommodate ALL requests.

If you cannot visit us in person, please visit us online at

www.lrdudc.wrlc.org/jazzhome.html.

Sincerely,

Judith Korey, Curator

Rachel Elwell, Media Technician

Felix E. Grant Jazz Archives

http://www.lrdudc.wrlc.org/jazzhome.html

202 274 5265

The Felix E. Grant Jazz Archives celebrates the release of the District of Columbia's quarter, featuring Duke Ellington!

The Felix E. Grant - Duke Ellington Story on Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jazzarchives/sets/72157613193838988/

Felix E. Grant Digital Collection

http://www.aladin.wrlc.org/gsdl/collect/grant/grant.shtml