From: "Roger and Allison Kulp" <thorenstd124@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, May 07, 2009 1:30 AM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Balkanton Records - Still In Existence?

Balkanton was created as the Bulgarian state record label in 1952. LP releases on the Balkanton
label were distributed to all of the ex-Soviet Baltic republics as well as Russia, Ukraine,
Belarus and many other former Eastern bloc countries.

Most of the artists whose work was released on this label were from Bulgaria itself, though
many world-famous artists such as The Beatles, Elvis, Ray Charles, Chicago, and Queen have also
had albums released in these countries on the Balkanton label.
Balkanton has also been responsible for many recordings of Bulgarian folk music and a wide
variety of classical music releases. The label appears to have ceased business at some stage in
the late 1990's.
http://rateyourmusic.com/label/balkanton/

http://www.ucis.pitt.edu/opera/OFB/misc/balkantn.htm