From: Tracy Popp <tpopp2@xxxxxxxx>
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 9:01 am
Subject: [ARSCLIST] wire recordings - archival storage

Dear ARSC list members:

I have been doing research on archiving wire recordings for a project
we are
working on here at Univ. of Illinois. I have yet to find any
information
about preferred archival storage of these types of recordings - storage
orientation, preferred archival containers, etc. I have seen
recommendations
regarding storage environment temperature but nothing definitive on
container or orientation.

 I'd like to hear about how you and your institution approach archival
storage of wire recordings and if you have any particular resource
you've
used to guide your decisions. Thank you in advance and I look forward to
your responses!

Best,
Tracy Popp
Graduate Student