Re: [ARSCLIST] Looking for Roxy's Gang/Roxy Radio Hour sources

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I'm quite aware
the low number of shows actually recorded in the era, and even lower
surviving discs, but if the question wasn't asked, I wouldn't have
known of the surviving disc at the Edison site (thank you, Mr. Biel)!
I work with motion picture and television archives foremost, and the same holds very much true--
particularly in television-- but there are always those "special
instances" that one always wonders about, and in this instance, becomes
fruitful when discovered.

Also, The Roxy Hour, as I recall, was
a nationally syndicated show up until '36, when Roxy died, and while
I'm not well versed with procedure from that era, weren't air checks
possible in those later years?

All very fascinating.  Thanks!

J. Theakston