To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, April 17, 2009 12:31 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Protecting LPs thru the mail

All,

It's worth mentioning that my suggestion of a reusable housing presumes
that it's feasible to create one. I feel strongly about paper being a wasteful
option for this purpose but, at the end of the day, your standard issue Bags
Unlimited-type mailer (coupled with inserts, as necessary) is a perfectly
reasonable option.

Examples:
http://www.bagsunlimited.com/cart/detail.asp?cat=2&subcat=15&product_id=mlp6
http://www.bagsunlimited.com/cart/browse.asp?subcat=18

A couple big [FRAGILE] and [DO NOT BEND] markings will help as well.

When i had more time, i sold LPs on ebay regularly and this was my method
of shipping records. Then again, i never expected to use boxes more than once..

happy friday,
Brandon

--
Brandon Burke
Archivist for Recorded Sound Collections