Re: [ARSCLIST] Protecting LPs thru the mail

--- On Thu, 4/16/09, Tom Fine <tflists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> A UPS

When I was in college I worked for a few years at the local
UPS facility.  At the time, a lot of LPs were being sold
on TV ("K-Tel presents Slim Whitman's Greatest Hits!")
and those were shipped in a corrugated cardboard "envelope"
not much thicker than the record itself.  They were
forever sliding under scraper bars, proceeding happily into
the meeting of two conveyor belts and being torn to
pieces, falling off belts and disappearing under trucks,
being puched by other boxes into corners and folding, etc.
What I learned from that is, if it's a package, make it
thick and stiff.